CCSJC High School Ministry

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Surf, sun burns, laughs, and the life of David

Hey guys, just wanted to remind you that our Dicipleship days will be starting on Tuesday, June 15th. I hope this will work out for you this summer and my prayer is that you guys will be blessed and grow in your walk with the Lord.

So I was praying about what exactly we should do as far our studies in the Word during the discipleship days, and after some time, the Lord put on my heart to go through the life of David. This picture to the left is the book that we will also be reading while going through the life of David in the Bible. The Making of a Man of God is an incredible resource to have to give us more insight into how the Lord worked in and through the life of David in many different ways. From preparation time in the wilderness, to chastening, to using David to lead the people back to worshipping the one and only God. There are many life lessons from the life of David that we can directly apply to our walk with the Lord.

Unfortunately, I could not get the book for free, but I was able to get it from $17 down to $11. I know you guys are getting out of school and you may feel that you don't want to read another book for the next 3 months and it may be tempting to spend 11 bucks on something else, but I believe you won't be disappointed with this book. I know I have grown in my studies through David's life and the Lord has also used this book to give me more illumination into His word. The book will be available at the church in another week.


1 comment:

  1. The first beach day was so awesome! It was just a taste of the rest of the summer :) I can't wait to get the book!

    ReplyDelete